Internship & Position Opportunities
Sloan Architects (10/18/16)
We are currently seeking a competent, highly motivated Architect Intern to join our team. Must enjoy working in highly creative environment, and the challenge of working with wide ranges of building types, as well as diligent and attentive to details. Minimal prior experience in other architectural offices is a plus.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in accredited institution
- AUTOCAD proficient; SketchUp and/or REVIT is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directives
- Strong in problem solving capabilities, prioritization, organization
Candidates to send a cover letter and resume to / www.sloanarch.com
Bilow Garrett Group (10/14/16)
Bilow Garrett Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in design, 3-D modelling, and construction drawings for a Full time internship. Candidates must know AutoCAD and it is preferred they also know Revit, Photoshop, Adobe, etc. It is encouraged that candidates are able to problem solve, understand building codes, are able to work well with others, and have knowledge of construction materials. The daily tasks will include, but not limited to, field surveying, site planning design, interior planning design, shop drawings, construction drawings and Architectural design.
Our offices are located in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, and the projects we need assistance are located in New York, New Jersey, and New York City.
Please forward a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: Please visit our website at: www.bilowgarrett.com to learn more about our firm.
Global Cultral Asset Management (GCAM) (6/1/16)
Global Cultural Asset Management LLC (GCAM) based in New York City is an international museum consulting firm which provides advice, expertise and planning services to governments, institutions, corporations, foundations and individuals.
GCAM is opening an office in North Adams, MA and is seeking a full-time junior level architectural designer to work on the development of two new museum projects in the culturally-dense Northern Berkshire region of Massachusetts. Established institutions in the area include the Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, the MASS MoCA, the Williams College Museum of Art, and the Williamstown Theater Festival.
The North Adams projects include a 32,000 SF model railroad and contemporary architecture museum, and a 160,000 SF contemporary art museum and art storage facility. The two cultural projects are part of a larger economic-revitalization plan for North Adams.
The position will entail working closely with the design architect team and GCAM project managers on architectural plans and documentation essential to the design and exhibition installations of the two museum buildings. Creative problem-solving skills, and flexibility are essential, as is experience with modeling software and model fabrication. Some travel between North Adams and New York will be required.
General responsibilities include:
- Preparing drawings, renderings, files for digital fabrication; model making; project management
- Prepare presentations and participate in meetings with clients
- Conduct periodic on-site surveys
- Coordinating the scope of work between GCAM and the design architect and other engaged consultants/engineering firms
- Working with GCAM team to design content for Concept Development Studies, Feasibility Studies, and other reports
- Proficiency in Autocad, Rhino, SketchUp, Vray (renderings), Adobe Creative Suite, Office
- Experience with model making, fabrication in a variety of materials
- Experience with laser cutting technology, CNC Milling, 3D printing technology
- Professional degree in Architecture
- Minimum 2 years experience (working on museum/cultural institution projects is a plus)
- Legal authorization to work in the US and English fluency
- Willingness to locate to North Adams/Northern Berkshire County, MA
Please send cover letter, resume, and work samples to . For more information on GCAM and its projects please visit our website www.gcamgroup.com
Dattner Architects (5/25/16)
Dattner Architects is an award winning, mid-sized architecture firm based in New York City. We have a collaborative, team-focused working environment and a diverse staff. Our studio space promotes communication and knowledge sharing across a diverse range of project typologies and scales. We offer opportunities to participate in unique firm programs that promote professional development and internal collaboration. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.dattner.com/
We are currently seeking Architectural Interns to join our firm. Our internship program is a one-year, fulltime position with benefits intended for recent graduates.
Job responsibilities for our interns include: producing models and graphic presentations, and assisting with design and construction documents for public and private sector projects. The elected candidates may be assigned to work on various phases of project development and may also support specific marketing initiatives. A willingness to participate in a wide range of tasks is critical to success.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture
- 0 to 1 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong graphic skills
- High quality 3D presentation skills
- Model making ability; a familiarity working with: wood, metal, plastic, paper (laser cutter and traditional construction)
- Proficiency in Revit
- Functional knowledge of at least 2 of the following: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3d Studio Max, Form Z, Rhinoceros, InDesign
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Focused, well organized and detail-oriented
- Authorization to work in the US
Download the Employment Application form from our website: http://www.dattner.com/careers/opportunities/ and return the completed application with a cover letter, resume and work samples to . Work samples are limited to 10 pages and 10 MB.