Internship & Position OpportunitiesSUMMER 2013 INTERNSHIP: New York Regional Office (5/29) Posted by Yuko Okamura on May 23, 2013 Related program: Volunteer Opportunities
Location: Architecture for Humanity New York Regional Office
Start Date: June 2013
Type: Intern (volunteer)
Application Deadline: June 3, 2013
Architecture for Humanity’s New York Regional office currently works closely with the Reconstruction and Resiliency Studio at HQ to manage the Hurricane Sandy Reconstruction Program.
The office requires a team member with design and construction knowledge, understanding of construction administration, strong graphic design skills, and an interest in grant research and writing. The intern will have the opportunity to work closely with Program managers and learn about disaster resiliency and reconstruction.
- Create high-quality visual program reports using Adobe CS5 software.
- Write program updates on AFH Drupal-based website
- Package proposals for funding opportunities; includes revising AutoCAD files, Excel spreadsheets and some writing.
- Research disaster-related topics.
- Coordinate meetings between field staff and HQ staff.
- Attend and document community engagement during community events.
- Provide some administrative support for tracking contract records, funding opportunities and other tasks as needed.
- Keep Architecture for Humanity and the Studio team informed of any issues or opportunities that arise at any point during the process.
- Represent the best interests of Architecture for Humanity.
Additional skills required
(Please only apply if you meet all requirements)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, listening)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic quantitative and qualitative research skills
- Self-directed with consistent follow-through
- Flexible, agile and capable of learning quickly
- Highly proficient in word, Excel, Indesign (Adobe Creative Suite preferred) and presentation applications such as PowerPoint or Keynote; Salesforce preferred
- Design sensibilities, coupled with a keen sense of business acumen
3 – 6 months (full-time; 35+ hours per week)
If you wish to apply, please email your complete application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 3, 2013. Your application must include:
- Portfolio and/or work samples
- Professional writing sample (less than two pages)
- Also include a short proposal (no more than 500 words) describing your ideal experience working with Architecture for Humanity.
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Trillium Architects is a boutique architecture firm in Ridgefield CT (Fairfield County) founded by Elizabeth DiSalvo an RPI Architecture School graduate (class of ’89).
We are looking to add an architectural graduate to our small residential team. Ideally this candidate would have with 2-5 years experience; however we would also consider a recent RPI grad. (Because we LOVE RPI employees- they/we are the best!)
We specialized in super efficient, healthy, green, beautiful homes. LEED Homes, Passive House, HERS, NHBA, Energy Star, etc are all rating systems that we work with.
A sincere interest in- and a deep desire to learn more about- how to build sustainably is a MUST. Experience with high end residential is also a big plus.
Please be proficient in AutoCAD, and have some experience with Revit, sketch up and Photoshop. Full or part time (2/3 or 3/4) is available- but this is NOT a freelance job.
Consistent, in office presence is expected. (No health insurance is available at this time but may be in the future.) We look forward to hearing from you. (Please email , no calls at this time.)