Internship & Position Opportunities
Ashley McGraw Architects (11/30/16)
Ashley McGraw Architects is an award winning firm specializing in educational projects, in both K-12 and higher education, located in Syracuse, New York. We seek a Senior Architect to lead project teams for large, complex projects. The successful candidate should be interested in exploring the full potential of architectural strategies to create a sustainable future. S/he will handle client contact and public presentations, organize and lead teams of project staff, including evaluating team members’ performance, and mentoring less experienced designers. Attributes will include excellent building science, interpersonal, organizational, technical, and communication skills. Professional Architectural degree, 5-10+ years in K12 design, LEED certified project experience, and good Revit skills required. This individual should have a sincere passion and talent for architectural design, and the role it will play in reducing humans’ impact on the Earth, and the ability to identify and integrate sustainable design precepts into project design.
Ashley McGraw Architects offers challenging, interesting design projects, a very pleasant and congenial work environment, state of the art new office space, generous compensation packages, and long term career growth potential. Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume, and samples of their portfolio in .pdf format to .
We are looking for a talented designer interested in exploring the full potential of architectural strategies to create a sustainable future. The successful candidate should have a good working knowledge of architectural design and building systems; and be skilled with Revit. This individual should also have a sincere passion and talent for architectural design, and the role it will play in reducing humans’ impact on the Earth.
Ashley McGraw Architects is built on the belief that a habitable future depends on a mutually beneficial relationship between human-made and natural systems. We are an award winning design firm specializing in the K-12 and higher education sectors. We offer challenging, interesting design projects, a lively and energetic work environment, generous compensation packages, mentorship, and long term career growth potential.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to
Hyman Hayes Associates (11/16/16)
Hyman Hayes Associates has an opening for an Entry Level Architectural Designer to join our team in Albany, New York. Our basic requirements are a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, able to write and communicate with clients in a professional manner and proficient in AutoCAD and Revit (Adobe Photoshop is a plus). You will assist in all phases of a project from Schematic Design through to Construction Administration. We are a fun, fast-paced design team with a great mentoring culture. We offer flexible hours and a competitive compensation/benefits package including health insurance, retirement plan, health savings, and profit sharing. Send your letter of interest, resume and selective portfolio to .
Apicella + Bunton (11/16/16)
Apicella + Bunton Architects LLC, a full-service architectural design studio in New Haven, is seeking a motivated architect or architectural designer with 1-6 years of experience and the following qualifications for a full-time position:
- Arch or M. Arch degree.
- Strong organizational, collaborative, and multitasking skills.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent graphic and design sensibilities.
- Excellent time-management skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks.
- The ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD, and familiarity with 3D Programs, Photoshop, InDesign.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and work samples in PDF format no larger than 4 MB to .
No phone inquiries, please.
PROCON is an award winning architectural and construction management firm.
We offer fully integrated design build and construction management services for hospitality, multi-family residential, senior living, commercial/corporate, industrial, athletic, educational, and healthcare projects throughout the Northeast.
With a steadfast commitment to professionalism, customer service and quality in all aspects of our work, PROCON completes over 250 million dollars of design and construction volume annually.
We have 80 years of staying power as a third generation, privately owned business because we believe there are no shortcuts to success. Exception customer service never grows old; quality craftsmanship stands the test of time, and strong management practices maximize results and minimize risks. Couple this with the cultivation of deep business relationships, and a second to none workforce and you have discovered the PROCON way.
A new & exciting Internship or Co-Op exists for an ambitious and conscientious student / 3D Visualizer/Rendering Specialist to join our busy design studio, based in Hooksett, NH. You will experience being part of a fully integrated design-build environment comprised of architects, engineers, estimators, construction managers and developers. Daily you will work among our award winning team of 50 Architects and Engineers & directly with our 3D Designers to develop and produce concepts and graphics to communicate projects to clients through high quality images.
This is a 40 hour per week position beginning January 2017-April 2017. We will also consider students to work during summer 2017.
The right candidate will have:
- Experience using Revit, SketchUp, 3Ds Max, Rhino, Lumion, Photoshop, and/or any other modeling and rendering software
- The ability to create models from architectural plans, sketches and elevations.
- Knowledge of visualization and photo-realistic rendering techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in order to deliver innovative design solutions
- A high level of professional integrity
- Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
The right candidate will also be:
- Self-managed, organized and able to meet deadlines
- Proactive and take initiative
- Inquisitive and not afraid to ask questions
- We are conveniently located off of Rt 93.
- Our expanding portfolio and supportive work environment provide excellent opportunities for growth and development.
- Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
- Visit our website at: www.proconinc.com
3tarchitects is a successful dynamic design firm located in the heart of Downtown Troy. We create unique and diversified projects throughout the region and are looking for an Intern to join our team. Offering a flexible work schedule and development opportunities, it is great experience for a young professional to build upon. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Partners and Project Managers on a variety of project tasks.
Any candidate that wishes to be considered for the position must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and/or abilities:
- Enrollment in a 4th or 5th year of Architecture Program
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Able to commit to minimum of 10-15 hours per week
- Hardworking and dedicated outlook
- Ability to take direction and absorb information quickly
- Experience in a professional office not required, but a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in the following applications a must:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
PROJECT DUTIES 90% +/-
- Execute project tasks as assigned by Project Managers, including (but not limited to):
- Technical drawings
- Graphic presentations
- Assist Project Managers in research of building products, systems and technical requirements
GENERAL OFFICE ASSISTANCE 10% +/-
- Assisting in the creation of firm graphics including (but not limited to):
- Project Boards
- Award Submissions
- Office Graphics
- Website Updates
Please send resume and portfolio to
Sloan Architects (10/18/16)
We are currently seeking a competent, highly motivated Architect Intern to join our team. Must enjoy working in highly creative environment, and the challenge of working with wide ranges of building types, as well as diligent and attentive to details. Minimal prior experience in other architectural offices is a plus.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in accredited institution
- AUTOCAD proficient; SketchUp and/or REVIT is a plus
- Good communication skills and ability to follow directives
- Strong in problem solving capabilities, prioritization, organization
Candidates to send a cover letter and resume to / www.sloanarch.com
Bilow Garrett Group (10/14/16)
Bilow Garrett Group is looking for a highly motivated individual with experience in design, 3-D modelling, and construction drawings for a Full time internship. Candidates must know AutoCAD and it is preferred they also know Revit, Photoshop, Adobe, etc. It is encouraged that candidates are able to problem solve, understand building codes, are able to work well with others, and have knowledge of construction materials. The daily tasks will include, but not limited to, field surveying, site planning design, interior planning design, shop drawings, construction drawings and Architectural design.
Our offices are located in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey, and the projects we need assistance are located in New York, New Jersey, and New York City.
Please forward a cover letter and resume via e-mail to: Please visit our website at: www.bilowgarrett.com to learn more about our firm.
Dattner Architects (5/25/16)
Dattner Architects is an award winning, mid-sized architecture firm based in New York City. We have a collaborative, team-focused working environment and a diverse staff. Our studio space promotes communication and knowledge sharing across a diverse range of project typologies and scales. We offer opportunities to participate in unique firm programs that promote professional development and internal collaboration. Please visit our website for more information: http://www.dattner.com/
We are currently seeking Architectural Interns to join our firm. Our internship program is a one-year, fulltime position with benefits intended for recent graduates.
Job responsibilities for our interns include: producing models and graphic presentations, and assisting with design and construction documents for public and private sector projects. The elected candidates may be assigned to work on various phases of project development and may also support specific marketing initiatives. A willingness to participate in a wide range of tasks is critical to success.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor or Masters of Architecture
- 0 to 1 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong graphic skills
- High quality 3D presentation skills
- Model making ability; a familiarity working with: wood, metal, plastic, paper (laser cutter and traditional construction)
- Proficiency in Revit
- Functional knowledge of at least 2 of the following: AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, 3d Studio Max, Form Z, Rhinoceros, InDesign
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments
- Focused, well organized and detail-oriented
- Authorization to work in the US
Download the Employment Application form from our website: http://www.dattner.com/careers/opportunities/ and return the completed application with a cover letter, resume and work samples to . Work samples are limited to 10 pages and 10 MB.