Grade Appeal Process
GRADE APPEAL PROCEDURE
- Before Formally bringing an appeal, the student is asked to:
- Discuss the matter fully with the instructor to understand reason for grade given
- Believe firmly that the grade is not an accurate measure of performance and that he/she has been wronged.
- Write a letter to the Dean stating the reasons why a grade change should be considered.
- Meet with the Dean who determines, if complaint is valid, to initiate the appeals procedure
- The student posts the work of the studio
- The studio instructor presents the syllabus, objectives of the course and basis for the grade (the three reviewers and the Dean are present)
- The student presents (10-20 minutes) his/her understanding of the studio objectives and how he/she believes the work has met the objectives. (the three reviewers and the Dean are present)
- After the respective presentations, the reviewers make a recommendation to the Dean. They may recommend any grade, including one which is lower than that originally given.