The Architecture Library
The Architecture Library’s collection was begun in 1929 and the branch facility established in 1930. It occupies approximately 4700 square feet on the west side of the Greene Building’s third floor. The library contains over 30,000 books and periodicals, both domestic and foreign, as well as a loan collection of over 100,000 slides on contemporary and historical buildings, structural design, building technology, city planning, and fine arts. It also holds a collection of maps and architectural drawings.
The collection is constantly growing to include more digital resources such as on-line image collections and databases and access to full text research tools as well as acquiring architecture-related material in various media formats such as videotapes, DVDs, and CD-ROMs. When researchers need material not held by the Libraries, they can use the ConnectNY service to borrow books directly, and receive rapid delivery, from a statewide consortia holding over 5,000,000 titles. (More information about collections and services can also be found at the Architecture Library’s website: http://library.rpi.edu/architecture or RensSearch, the Rensselaer Libraries’ information gateway at http://library.rpi.edu).